[Koha] new import

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Thu Jun 11 03:33:25 NZST 2015

At 10:21 AM 6/10/2015 -0400, Scott Owen wrote:
>"appears to pull up a basic Koha version 3.03 -- which is somewhat out of
>date."
>--- thanks, I'll keep that in mind....I've been using that version for a
>couple years now at another school, and it's rock solid. If it ain't
>broke......

[there's no need to cc me personally, let's keep it on the list]

I agree, we use 3.08 v24 -- lean, mean, very fast.  I just would point out
that this list tends to follow the latest versions (+/- 3.18 currently)
which have made considerable advances in many areas (we're not a lending
library, just reference, so do not need most of the enhancements.) I might
also suggest to you that 3.06|3.08 made a quantum leap forward on the data
cataloguing side which we have leveraged to enormous user (staff and
public) satisfaction.

But I repeat -- Koha moves ahead thanks to enormous efforts by a great
team, and it might well be advantageous for you to at least look into an
"upgrade."

>"search function apparently can't find anything at all..."
>--- sorry...was doing a couple rebuilds and a quick VM backup....feel free
>to try now....

It *looks* as though you have three more or less identical biblio records,
only one of which has an "item" (952).  This might not be what you want
(but it's probably trivial to delete them. It looks as though you've only
got some 800 records, so you could even do this manually -- or fairly
simply query your db directly to find biblios with no items:
SELECT biblionumber FROM biblio WHERE biblionumber NOT IN (SELECT
biblionumber FROM items);

>I have a feeling I may know where these odd records/issues came from....
>I tested importing records 2 or 3 times before I finally got them to my
>liking, and used the following process to clean up the database between tries.
>
><http://manual.koha-community.org/3.18/en/resetkohadb.html>http://manual.koha-community.org/3.18/en/resetkohadb.html
>
>It was recommended that:Â
>"you'll want to do a full zebra reindex once it's been reloaded"
>
>In between imports I did a <http://rebuild_nozebra.pl>rebuild_nozebra.pl
>?? are these equivalent ?? or is there another command i should run after
>I delete the data in the specified tables ??

I don't have a running version 3.03 any more, but if you're using Zebra
(syspref NoZebra off) it should be something like:

su koha (or whoever the right user is)
cd /usr/share/koha
./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -r -v
./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -v -x

Best -- Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>