[Koha] Koha Fundraising Committee Draft Terms of Reference

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Wed Jun 10 10:56:09 NZST 2015

Good points.  Can these be raised at the meeting?  (Sorry for the delay -
unforeseen timing - and no rush passing this but discussion asap is what we
want).

Can we also bring up my other points about Funding Jonathan to work for
Koha based on any monies raised by the fund?  If we could pass that as a
community in this meeting then Jonathan would be able to immediately start
helping on those key areas- that I have highlighted and mentioned before.
Seeding the fund is already committed to by a few organizations (Bywater
biblibre Ptfs-Europe).

Thanks Brendan

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Bob Birchall wrote:
> > Brendan is travelling but has asked me to post the draft TOR for the
> > fundraising committee.  You will find them here:
> > http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising
> >
> > These will be considered at the General IRC Meeting scheduled for 10
> > June at 20 UTC:
> > http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_10_June_2015
>
> I'm disappointed that we get only 1 day to review these, but that is an
> improvement on the zero days last time... still, I've proposed
> postponement to allow others time to review.
>
> I've some questions about the conflict of interest policy.  If someone
> has neither financial or personal interest in the development of Koha,
> why do we want them on this Committee?
>
> What happens if there are no disinterested members for a matter?
>
> Do we want a register of interests that members could be given standing
> exemptions for?  So members could declare their businesses, any other
> elected posts and any relevant funders or assets at the time of their
> election and be told that's OK unless any of those are more interested
> in a decision than those of other members.
>
> === Article 3: Conflicts of Interest ===
>
> Whenever a member has a financial or personal interest in any matter
> coming before the Committee, the affected person shall a) fully disclose
> the nature of the interest and b) withdraw from discussion, lobbying,
> and voting on the matter unless a majority of disinterested members vote
> that it is in the best interest of the Fund to allow it. The minutes of
> meetings at which such votes are taken shall record such disclosures,
> abstentions or rationale for approvals.
>
> === ENDQUOTE ===
>
> Regards,
> --