[Koha] Accessing Koha from the internet (was: Re: Koha Digest, Vol 116, Issue 4)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 4 11:53:50 NZST 2015

Benedict Agunloye schreef op wo 03-06-2015 om 22:32 [+0100]:
> The original installation was offline. The installation server now has
> live IP and now real time online.
>
> When we logged in to the server online using the IP address, the OPAC
> is
> available but the Admin Login page is not available.

When you say "not available", what do you mean exactly?

If you are using the IP address from the outside, you will need to have
the admin interface on a different port. If it is already on a different
port, then you will need to configure your external firewall to allow
connections inward on that port.

The recommended way (because nobody likes memorising IP addresses) is to
have two hostnames, library.organisation.com and
libraryadmin.organisation.com for example, and to set up the apache
configuration (using the "ServerName" directive) to respond to these
appropriately. This is called a name-based virtual host in Apache.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.