[Koha] Help! Software Error

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 2 11:12:26 NZST 2015

schnydszch schreef op vr 29-05-2015 om 05:17 [-0700]:
> And oh yes once the bloated error log was deleted and the server
> restarted,
> the Koha ILS was already accessible. I'm particularly curious if that
> really
> is the case.

It's quite plausible. All manner of things can go wrong when you run out
of disk space, at the very least I'd expect mysql to throw a bit of a
fit.

For the servers we monitor, part of that monitoring by default is
keeping an eye on disk space, usually warning when it gets below about
70% free and erroring at 80%. Often the final 10% of a disk is reserved
for the superuser only in order to make it possible for them to log in
and repair things.

As for webcrawlers, they can be a real problem every once in a while. We
slow down the well behaving ones with robots.txt to prevent them putting
too much load on the server, and if we spot one that's not obeying that,
we firewall it off.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.