[Koha] Specify due date and offline circulation, overdue fines is not synchronizing.

Jerwyn os.jerwynfernandez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:04:31 NZST 2015

Greetings!

I have this dilemma using koha version 3.20.

The scenario is something like this:

For some reasons librarian forgot to check-out a overnight book to his
patron, lets say the date is 7/29/2015 the overdue of the book is on
7/30/2015.

After a day which is 7/30/2015 the librarian recalled that he forgot to
check-out the book to his patron. By using the tool *Specify due date* he
can change the due date back to 7/29/2015.

/Assuming the overdue fines for this item type is 10.00 per day./

Supposedly once the patron returned the book on that same day, koha would
automatically synchronize the amount of how much is his overdue fines which
is 10.00.

However when the librarian check-in the book it did not calculated the
fines, the fines is still 0.00.

We also tried doing this using *koha offline circulation* by changing the
date to 7/29/2015, and has the same result with 0.00 fines.

Note we did it test to koha version 3.18 and it works perfectly specify due
date and uploading offline circulation synchronized the overdue fines to
10.00.

Thank you and best regards!