[Koha] Using Authorities with UNIMARC

akafortes akafortes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:05:31 NZST 2015

Michael Kuhn wrote
> Hi akafortes
>
>  > For the ZEBRA settings I used
>> marcflavor: UNIMARC
>> default laguage: gr
>> indexing: gsr1
>> I've imported an Authorities file using the "Stage MARC records for
>> import"
>> interface where of course I selected the file type to be "Authorities".
>> When I go to the Authorities menu I can search and find the Authorities
>> I've
>> imported.
>>
>> What I don't know how to do is how do I set a field in a  bibliographic
>> framework to use a field from the Authorities records?
>>
>> P.S. the authority file I used contained, in the same file, entries for
>> Personal Names, Geographical Places, Topical Subjects etc.
>
> If you are in your bibliographic framework you first choose the MARC
> field (e. g. 100) then the subfield (e. g. $a). In "other options" you
> will find the available thesauri (PERSO_NAME etc). After you have
> activated one of these thesauri, when cataloging it is only possible to
> insert values from the respective thesaurus.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,
thank you for your reply.

I've tried what you suggested but I get no results.
I create an authority type, set the appropriate field to copy, use that
authority type in the Thesaurus option .When I try to catalogue a biblio
record, I get the selector on the field I want and opens the authority
search window but no matter what I try to search I get no results.

One thing I've noticed, and I don't know if it helps in any way, is that
after I've imported the Authorities into Koha from them "Stage MARC records"
tool, and without creating any kind of Authority type, in the biblio
framework in the 700 field i.e. this is what the $a subfield looks like
<http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5848532/2015-07-30_10_54_39-Koha_%E2%80%BA_Administration_%E2%80%BA_MARC_subfield_structure.png>

when I open the subfield to edit it there is no option for an authority and
of course there is nothing in the Thesaurus option as well.

Am I missing something about the use of Authorities?