[Koha] Bengali searching is not working in KOHA 3.20 (bug 14561)

Suzon Das suzonduislm52 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 04:00:21 NZST 2015

Hi dear,
recently I installed koha 3.20 in Debian Jessie. Everything is running
okay. But when I search any Bengali term from Intranet it shows -
-------
Software error:

Cannot decode string with wide characters at
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20/Encode.pm line 215.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]),
giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
--------
Though I added

# UTF-8 Defaults for Koha
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'
character-set-server=utf8
collation-server=utf8_general_ci

in /etc/mysql/my.cnf  file. and

AddCharset UTF-8 .utf8
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

in  /etc/apache2/conf-available/charset.conf

But Bengali Searching from OPAC is ok.

Any help ?

--

*Suzon Das*
B.A., M.A. (DU) in Information Sc. and Library Management,