[Koha] Drupal Koha Libraries

Tim Hannah Tim.Hannah at education.govt.nz
Thu Jul 16 11:43:38 NZST 2015

Hi Rebecca

Looks good, congrats. We seem to have close to exactly the same setup - Koha, Drupal, EDS, ezproxy.

https://library.education.govt.nz - though you won't get much out of that as the site requires login (I know, I know...).

Major things we're doing which involve both Drupal and Koha are

1) Using drupal module ILS authentication and some extra jiggery-pokery that's beyond my ken to tie Koha and Drupal authentication and users together (same logins, login in one system automatically logs into the other, Koha borrower.categorycodes are mapped to Drupal roles which allows differentiation of content of drupal site for different groups of users).

2) Drupal asks Koha to run a report nightly (basic data for new/selected records - title, abstract, subjects terms, url etc) and creates nodes from the results which are presented as new resources in the website and are emailed out by Drupal to borrowers who have signed up for alerts in various subject areas.

We also used Ebsco's 'Build a search box' to give users access to EDS, and still have a Koha search option alongside. Our ezproxy uses Koha to Authenticate users as well so same username/password for users without us having to think about it (not sure how yours is configured).

Feel free to get in touch

Cheers

Tim Hannah | Systems Librarian | Ministry of Education Library
Wellington, New Zealand