[Koha] Cataloguing Serials help?

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 12 01:47:24 NZST 2015

Hi Cat,

"I have been trying to catalog serials, but it just wont catalog it the
right way ..."

I'm unsure what you mean by "won't catalog it the right way.  However, the
following is how we manage our serials:

1. Create a catalogue record for the serial title.  Yes, one record for
multiple issues.

2. Create a corresponding serial subscription (with a link back to the
corresponding catalogue record).

3. We nominated "Create an item record upon receipt" as part of setting up a
serial subscription.

4. When we received a magazine, we search title within the serials module
and clicked "Receive".  Select an issue from the issues table and change the
status from "Expected" to "Received".  This automatically opens create an
item data entry.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Iming