[Koha] Cataloguing Serials help?

catarinafrc catarina at fundacao-rc.org
Fri Jul 10 17:16:06 NZST 2015

I have posted this question a while ago, but not much help was given.
I have never worked with Koha before and had no training on it, and even
though I read the manual and search for similar topics no one has the answer
for me.

I have been trying to catalog serials, but it just wont catalog it the right
way.

*1 -* As an exemple:
I have created a subscription for a specific serial and tried to create the
items... the problem is after I created it, the appearance is different from
other libraries examples I have been following. Instead of just appearing
just one item, all seven of them appear... is it the way it's supposed to
be?

<http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5846829/SERIALS.png>

*2 -* Other problem is: how can I, during the cataloguing, associate the
title & author of the article to a specific item? This is not specified in
the manual. I want to make a connection between the articles on each serial
volume with that specific volume, but no field on my record allows that...

I know these are very basic questions for some but I seriously just started
now, and need help.

Thank you

cat