[Koha] Authority search doesn't show the actual results

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jul 8 10:52:39 NZST 2015

Hi All,

I'm trying to load some authority data into Koha 3.20.01.000 on Debian 8
Jessie. I'm loading the data as follows:

# export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/sbt/koha-conf.xml
# /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl -a -m marcxml
-file testdata.marcxml -v 2

While loading the following two lines do appear:

Use of uninitialized value $authid in addition (+) at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line 685, <GEN13> line 1.
/usr/share/perl5/MARC/File/XML.pm line 397, <GEN13> chunk 4344.

Still after loading the table "auth_header" shows all records just fine.
Since the records are not yet searchable in the staff client I'm
indexing them as follows:

# export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
# /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -run-as-root -r -a -v

Now the "Authority search results" page tells me (for example) "Results
1 to 3 of 3" - but the result table is only showing the headings
(Summary / Used in / ), but not the lines with the actual results.

I loaded the same data using the same commands in another installation
of Koha 3.20.01.000 on Ubuntu 12.04 which worked flawlessly.

Can anyone please give me a hint why the authority search will show me
the correct number of results but not the actual results?

Kind regards, Michael

--

Michael Kuhn