[Koha] Unicode Barcode / Spine Label Soring Issue

Via Vitae Solutions koha at viavitae.co.in
Tue Jul 7 21:08:15 NZST 2015

Dear All,

During customization work we are facing problem to sort (ascending /
descending) Barcode / Spine Label those are entered in regional language
esp. Bengali, Hindi etc. (in Unicode).

Example:
For numeric digits - while sorting a series of numbers like
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 - it (barcode / spine) generate as

১,১০,১১,১২,১৩,১৪,১৫,২,৩,৪,৫,৬,৭,৮,৯
(1,10,11,12,13,14,15,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

For Alphabetic characters - the characters are not just like A,B,C,D. This
are something completely different (for languages like Bengali, Hindi)-
like অ,আ,ক,খ etc. Although we are using Unicode
compliant keyboard layout such as Bengali Provat India (UTF-8), but this
sorting is not working exactly as desired.

Please help.
--
Via Vitae Solutions
Kolkata - 700064