[Koha] Koha LDAP configuration

deno.karapatakis at srnl.doe.gov deno.karapatakis at srnl.doe.gov
Tue Jul 7 06:45:53 NZST 2015

not sure this is the correct list.
We've setup Koha 3.20 and would like to configure Koha to use LDAP only
for authentication, ie logins (no mapping or attributes).
Koha is running on Redhat 6.6

I can successfully query  LDAP (Active Directory) using linux command
ldapsearch  binding  to email address
however I can not seem to correctly configure koha-conf.xml.   I believe I
read over all how to's  but I continue to get

LDAP bind failed as kohauser  someUserID:    LDAP error #8:
LDAP_STRONG_AUTH_REQUIRED
server requires authentication be performed with a SASL mechanism

 via the web login  and  running  opac-user.pl  username=someUserID
password=someUserIDpassword     > junk.txt

Other then the ldap statements in koha-conf.xml  are there any that would
have koha use the ldap.conf  file?

Deno Karapatakis