[Koha] Proposal to remove the 'Paid support' list

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 07:00:15 NZST 2015

Greetings,

Mirko Tietgen<mirko at abunchofthings.net> wrote:
> Do you think they will lie to git? How will they do that? :)

I have various bugs submitted. For example, bug 5010. That was a major
contribution I feel. However, I also have tiny contributions, like bug
14112. It's a contribution, but does that 2 byte patch carry the same worth
as 5010? Imagine staying listed indefinitely because you find a 2 byte patch
to write every other year?

They won't lie to git, they'll lie to the client who is seeking to hire
someone to handle a proposal. "We're active in the community. We're on a
list."
1) Will the client actual note the date?
    a) If so, great the client will know how hyped the community involvement
is.
    b) If not, which is more likely since they aren't reading our beautiful
disclaimer at the top of the paid support pages, they'll be duped.
2) Will the client read any beautiful disclaimer we put at the top?
    a) If so, great the client will know how hyped the community involvement
is.
    b) If not, which is already the case,  they'll be duped.

And given the misuse of the list currently, this is why I proposed a
tombstone, rather than keeping any kind of list.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett