[Koha] Proposal to remove the 'Paid support' list

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:30:42 NZST 2015

Tomas Cohen Arazi<tomascohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose we replace the current listing with (a) nothing or (b) some pie
> diagram with companies/institutions contributions (git log, or what best
> addresses the need) to the project.

Nothing is a little harsh. A tombstone would be better.

For example, "We no longer list support providers, as this list was being
used to exclude people from bidding on projects, and declaring themselves
official or registered partners when Koha never had such a program or
status. The list's purpose was to provide an easy list of people in various
countries, not give any status to them or statement of quality about them.

If you wish to see who is active in the community please search:
- bugs.koha-community.org for submissions and comments by that person or
company.
- dashboard.koha-community.org for people who demonstrate themselves active
in the community.
- and if you are technical, feel free to look through the git log of the
koha project cloneable from git://git.koha-community.org/koha.git

We apologize for any inconvenience, but such ongoing, gross
misrepresentations of the list required this list to be removed."

The problem with (b) is it still provides a way for people to misrepresent.
A variation on (a) in the only way.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett