[Koha] Proposal to remove the 'Paid support' list

glaws glawson at rhcl.org
Thu Jul 2 02:46:40 NZST 2015

I have mixed feelings on the subject, but I think there is some merit in
somebody maintaining a list somewhere. As now, it should not be any type
of certification by the Koha community or a partner program, but for
non-users researching Koha, a link to a list would be quite helpful, and
better than relying on Google (which promotes paid listings). I just
googled "koha" and the first item on the list? koha.org.

A pie diagram unfairly penalizes smaller companies, perhaps with only a
few individuals who could still provide excellent installation and
support services, but don't have the staff to have 1,000 commits.

While I realize I have left dangling "somebody maintaining a list
somewhere", a list of Koha providers associated with the broad Koha
community has value.

Greg