[Koha] Importing (incomplete) data from Micro Librarian Systems

MisterRobe library at parklane-is.com
Tue Jan 27 04:39:05 NZDT 2015

Hi Robin,
Thanks, that's helpful. (I'm currently away skiing with a year five class so
I wasn't able to reply for a few days.)

Robin Sheat-2 wrote
> tab is easiest to work with

Good to know. I'll experiment with this.

Robin Sheat-2 wrote
> If they're not in the system to start with, then you obviously won't
> beable to get them out. If they are there, then you'll either have
> toexperiment, find someone who has done it, or talk to the vendor tofigure
> out how to export them. It's usually possible, one way oranother.

They're there. It's not necessarily in the company's interest, of course,
for it to be too straightforward for clients to export data. I will look at
the tools you recommend and see what I can do first myself before addressing
any questions to them.

Robin Sheat-2 wrote
> Note that you will spendan unhealthy amount of time studying MARC
> references. Don't say I didn'twarn you :)

I'm aspergic, and spend an unhealthy amount of time studying all kinds of
esoterica that would bore most folk to tears :D
Thanks again!