[Koha] Unexpected behaviour 942 $h (3.18)

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Jan 22 12:33:05 NZDT 2015

This is kind of messy, but it shows what our framework is set to for 942

0 Koha issues (borrowed), all copies Tab:9, | Koha field:
biblioitems.totalissues, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden,
2 Source of classification or shelving scheme Tab:9, | Koha field:
biblioitems.cn_source, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, | Auth
value:cn_source,
6 Koha normalized classification for sorting subfield ignored Edit Delete
a Institution code [OBSOLETE] Tab:9, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden,
c Koha [default] item type Tab:9, | Koha field: biblioitems.itemtype, Not
repeatable, Mandatory, | Auth value:itemtypes,
e Edition Tab:9, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden
h Class mark Tab:9, | Koha field: biblioitems.cn_class, Not repeatable, Not
mandatory, | Plugin:callnumber.pl
i Item part Tab:9, | Koha field: biblioitems.cn_item, Repeatable, Not
mandatory, hidden
k Call number prefix Tab:9, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden
m Call number suffix Tab:9, | Koha field: biblioitems.cn_suffix, Not
repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden
n Hide in OPAC Tab:9, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, | Auth value:SUPPRESS
s Serial record flag Tab:9, | Koha field: biblio.serial, Not repeatable,
Not mandatory, hidden

If it happened every time, I'd suspect the framework.  It's the on again,
off again nature of the problem that has us confused.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 11:05 PM, Liz Rea <liz at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> Is there something funny in your frameworks possibly? Are you using
> custom ones that have something unexpected in the definition of 942?
>
> Cheers,
> Liz
> On 22/01/15 12:00, Elaine Bradtke wrote:
> > We're running 3.18.02
> > I reported the same problem in 3.14, but it was intermittent.  Now it's
> > back again.
> >
> > When editing a catalogue record, we manually type in the contents of the
> > 942$h (call number).  This is usually the last thing that is added before
> > saving the record, otherwise we might not have seen what happens next.
> > After hitting save, and before the item record comes up, a space and
> > numeral 1 magically appear after the call number, completely without our
> > input.
> >
> > Here it is in a record - the call number should be only "QM" as it is in
> > the 099 field. It appears to be adding 0001 in the  942 $6 which we have
> > set to ignore. If the 1 is successfully deleted from the $h, the 0001
> also
> > vanishes from $6.
> >

> > 000 00720ndm a22002057a 4500
> > 001 201501211025.nw
> > 003 UkLoVW
> > 005 20150121224121.0
> > 008 150121q1926 enkfmle nn 0 eng d
> > 040 _aUkLoVW_beng_cUkLoVW
> > 099 _aQM
> > 100 1 _913719_aHooton, P. M.
> > 245 10 _aManuscript music book /
> > 300 _a6 p. :_bmusic ;_c30 cm.
> > 500 _aManuscript music book with country morris and sword dance tunes,
> > including bass parts in some cases. The name P. M. Hooton is on the front
> > cover, probably Miss P. M. Hooton of Norwich who was an EFDS member in
> the
> > 1920s.
> > 650 7 _9127_aDance music
> > 650 7 _9163_aEngland
> > 850 _aUkLoVW
> > 942 _2VWML_cMS_hQM 1_n0_6QM0001
> > 999 _c65844_d65844
> >
> > Note: it seems to be happening on every other save.  In other words,
> edit a
> > record once, it's fine. Go back in and edit it again, and the 1 appears.
> > Edit it a third time to delete the 1 and it's fine.  This is driving my
> > colleagues to distraction.  Any thoughts?

> Liz Rea
> Catalyst.Net Limited
> Level 6, Catalyst House,
> 150 Willis Street, Wellington.
> P.O Box 11053, Manners Street,
> Wellington 6142
>
> GPG: B149 A443 6B01 7386 C2C7 F481 B6c2 A49D 3726 38B7

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)