[Koha] Help Lost all Biblio information

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Sat Jan 17 18:07:00 NZDT 2015

Jack,

Let's first figure out what the real problem is:

a) What happens when you search for a record that should be in the system?
Click the "Search the catalog" tab on the search bar on the main screen,
and search for a title that you know is present. What happens?

b) Try to check out an item to a patron -- scan the patron's card number,
followed by the item's barcode. What do you see? [based on the version of
Koha that you're using, you may have to click the 'show checkouts' button
on the check-out screen].

c) Run each of the following queries, either from the command line SQL
interface, or from the reports menu:

select count(*) from biblio;

select count(*) from items;

select count(*) from biblioitems;

Do these counts square with the number of titles and the number of items
you have in your Library?

d) Is the zebra service running?

e) Is fast indexing running?

The answers to these, questions will give us some idea of what data is or
is not lost. I'm guessing that you have Zebra search mis-configured, so you
aren't seeing any results when when you search, but that your data is
probably intact... but we won't know that until you can run a few tests and
tell us what you see.

While you're at it, please let us know what version of Koha you're using.

Cheers,

--Barton