[Koha] Debugging on MacBook

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:00:36 NZDT 2015

It's possible but rather difficult to run Koha on Mac OS X; getting the
required versions of the various dependencies built and installed is far
trickier than on Linux.

Would running Debian within a VirtualBox be a possibility? From what I can
understand of http://www.epic-ide.org/guide/ch06s02.php#N10812 , using
Eclipse/EPIC should still be a possibility.

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask anyone interested in programming Koha to help me with
> debugging Koha sources on MacBook Pro (OSX Yosemite). I am using Eclipse
> Luna (4.4.0) with Perl plugin EPIC. I have downloaded Koha sources from GIT
> repository, but the IDE still complains about missing libraries although I
> tried to install them from CPAN. Is there anybody debugging on OSX? Or,
> maybe, Is Koha able to run on OSX?
>
> Thank you all.
> Radek Siman

Jesse Weaver