[Koha] Cover upload fails

uwe singlespeedfahrer at yandex.com
Thu Jan 8 11:34:29 NZDT 2015

Am Mittwoch, den 07.01.2015, 22:48 +0100 schrieb uwe:
> Am Freitag, den 26.12.2014, 14:53 +0100 schrieb uwe:
> > I would like to figure out a problem with my koha installation 3.18.01
> > on a debian wheezy server (installed with apt). Cover upload fails with
> > ending up at "Upload progress:100%." (this means that the page is
> > missing the forms to choose the biblio number and the save button).
> >
> > I found nothing in my server logs but Firefox JavaScript console says:
> >
> > > "Load denied by X-Frame-Options:
> > > https://xxxx.xxx:8080/cgi-bin/koha/tools/upload-file.pl does not
> > > permit framing. TypeError: jQuery.handleError is not a function"
> > > (ajaxfileupload.js line 86)
> >
> > Thanks for some hints to solve the problem.
>
> Meanwhile I could fix the problem. It was my apache configuration that
> lead to this error message.

Thanks to Robin for suggesting me to describe the fix more detailed.

In my apache settings (httpd.conf) there was the following line:

> Header always set X-Frame-Options DENY

This prevents the browser to render a page in a frame[1]. Therefore I
had to alleviate the setting to get it to work:

> Header always set X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN

Best wishes
Uwe

[1] More Information:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/X-Frame-Options