[Koha] icons

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Feb 20 11:04:39 NZDT 2015

Nicole Engard schreef op do 19-02-2015 om 13:16 [-0600]:
> I got these suggestions for adding icons to Koha.  They are licensed
> as free for commercial use but not GPL - can we add them to Koha?

"Free for commercial use" isn't a Koha-compatible license. For example,
there are many people using Koha in a non-commercial library, and so
wouldn't be allowed to use it. I know, that sounds a bit silly, but
that's literally what the (poor excuse for a) license says.

Additionally, it'd be nice that if we had icons, they allowed derivative
works to be made, so we can modify them to suit more, change colours to
fit a theme, etc.

The absolute ideal would be CC-BY-SA, as that's a very close analogue
with the GPL, but most CC licenses would work provided it doesn't
include Non-Commercial or No-Derivatives.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.