[Koha] Search Options on OPAC

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 03:05:27 NZDT 2015

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Ahmad Amanullah Khan
<ahmadamanullahkhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to customize the option below search bar on OPAC. Currently
> available options are 'Authority Search', 'Tag Cloud' and 'Advance Search'.
> Please let me know how i can customize these values OR hide these values.

You haven't mentioned what is your Koha version. Assuming it is one of
the latest stable release using bootstrap theme, this can be done
rather easily using a bit of jQuery in the opacuserjs syspref.

To hide *all* the additional search options:

$("‪#‎moresearches‬").hide();

To hide a specific additional search option, say "Advanced search":

$("li:contains('Advanced search')").hide();

To change the text of "Authority search" to read say "Search authority files":

$("a:contains('Authority search')").text("Search authority files");

> My institution requirement is to use KOHA as CMS so that we have library
> content pages hosted on KOHA. I got a guide but that is not working for me.
> Please help me to sort out these two important tasks.

Too little information provided: which guide? what are the *exact*
steps you took? what didn't work?

cheers,
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg