[Koha] how to find the KOHA sql file

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sat Feb 14 02:48:24 NZDT 2015

Hi,
You use the mysqldump command to create the file.

In your /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml file, you will have a section about
your mysql config:

<config>
   <db_scheme>mysql</db_scheme>
   <database>*kohadb*</database>
   <hostname>localhost</hostname>
   <port>3306</port>
   <user>*koha*</user>
  <pass>*kohapassword*</pass>

Take the database, user and password from that file, and type
something like this:

mysqldump -u[username] -p[password] [database] >
/root/TheFileYouWantToSave.sql

for example, if I wanted to save my file as "Koha-02-13-2015.sql"
using the credentials I have in my config file above, I would have:

mysqldump -u*koha* -p*kohapassword* *kohadb *>
/root/*Koha-02-13-2015.sql*

If you do not put the password on the commandline, it will prompt you
for it.

mysqldump -u*koha* -p *kohadb *> /root/*Koha-02-13-2015.sql*

     - Tim