[Koha] deleting koha-opac-error_log

Tajoli Zeno z.tajoli at cineca.it
Tue Feb 10 23:21:14 NZDT 2015

Hi,

Il 10/02/2015 10:42, Mesfin Teshome ha scritto:
> Dear all,The koha-opac-error_log file has grown very big 65GB and filling up the server harddisk.
>Can I delete this file and recreate a new empty one? What will be the effect? We are running Koha 3.12

you can clear this file, it is a text file with the erros of the system.
It is a good idea to read the last 200-500 lines to understand if you
have problems to solve, after to be completly sure:

- stop any indexing
- stop zebra
- stop apache
- stop mysql

Delete it with /dev/null:
https://linuxprograms.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/clear-a-file-dev-null/

probaly the file koha-opac-error_log is not of standard 'koha' user,
more probaly www-data or root, so operate with 'sudo'

After:
- restart mysql
- restar apache
- restart zebra
- restart indexing

Bye
zeno Tajoli

--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Servizi Innovativi -- Automazione Biblioteche
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate