[Koha] Fwd: Facets missing on fresh dev install of 3.18.3

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Feb 4 08:45:00 NZDT 2015

At 01:25 PM 2/3/2015 -0500, Cindy Murdock Ames wrote:
>Yep, with use_zebra_facets=0 I can see author facets:
>http://imgur.com/lj7v0Uw
>
>And thanks Katrin, I'm sorry you're having the same problem but it makes me
>feel a bit better knowing that it's not just me!

For what it's worth, here's my notes on "facet results."  Note that I
stop/start memcached for every change in sysprefs and koha-conf-xml (I get
completely inconsistent results without that) and Zebra. Note also that I'm
starting Zebra (v. 2.0.44) with ZEBRAOPTIONS="-T -v none,fatal,warn"

I also have two ZOOM.pm files at /usr/lib/perl5/ZOOM.pm (1110 lines) and
/usr/lib/perl5/Net/Z3950/ZOOM.pm (194 lines) -- could you pls confirm that
this is normal?

Facets [Koha 3.18.3 tarball]
======

1. Behaviour (OPAC) -- using catalogue search term "lubbock" giving 30 results

a)  <use_zebra_facets>0</use_zebra_facets>

- sysprefs: show, holding library, 20,20,20, ', '
==>     Availability, Authors, Item types, Locations, Series, Places,
Topics, Show more
"Show more" is functional, but appears (from timing) to repeat the complete
search

- sysprefs: show, holding library, 20,100,100, ', '
use search 'navy' (3998 results)
==>     Availability, Authors, Item types, Locations, Series, Places,
Topics, Show more
"Show more" is fully functional (gives 100 Authors), but definitely (from
timing) repeats the complete search

- sysprefs: don't show, holding library, 0,0,0, ' '
==>   NO FACETS whatsoever (blank column)

b)  <use_zebra_facets>1</use_zebra_facets>

- sysprefs: show, holding library, 20,20,20, ', '
==>     Availability, Authors, Item types, Locations, Series, Places,
Topics, Show more
"Show more" is functional, but appears (from timing) to repeat the complete
search
[c.f. 3.08 ==> Availability, Authors, Places, Topics, 5 results each]

- sysprefs: show, holding library, 20,5,50, ', ' [simulate 3.08?]
==>     Availability, Authors, Item types, Locations, Series, Places, Topics
"Show more" does *not* appear -- FacetMaxCount must be >5

- sysprefs: don't show, holding library, 0,0,0, ' '
==>     Availability, Authors, Item types, Locations, Series, Places, Topics,
No "Show more" and single result, but result appears relevant

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>