[Koha] Fwd: Facets missing on fresh dev install of 3.18.3

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:48:03 NZDT 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Cindy Murdock Ames <cmurdock at ccfls.org>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> To answer a bunch of questions:
>
> Yes, setting <use_zebra_facets> to 0 (and restarting memcached in my case)
> does bring the facets back.  As far as I know doing that reverts facets to
> the old system that uses grs1.  I would prefer to be able to use dom as
> grs1 is being deprecated, from what I've read.  This server isn't being
> used in production yet (but hopefully soon) so I would rather be able to
> use the zebra facets.

This isn't quite accurate. The old facet system isn't dependent on grs vs
dom. What it does is generate the facets by reading X records of the search
results ( not just the results displayed to the searcher ). From those it
creates the facets. Unless this code is planned to be obsoleted ( which I
am unaware of ), using zebra facets is not required. However, the benefit
of zebra facets is that they are more accurate, and create the facets on
the entire result set, rather than a portion of the results, and I imagine
it's also faster as well.

Kyle