[Koha] Fwd: Facets missing on fresh dev install of 3.18.3

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Wed Feb 4 04:12:27 NZDT 2015

Hi everybody,

To answer a bunch of questions:

Yes, setting <use_zebra_facets> to 0 (and restarting memcached in my case)
does bring the facets back.  As far as I know doing that reverts facets to
the old system that uses grs1.  I would prefer to be able to use dom as
grs1 is being deprecated, from what I've read.  This server isn't being
used in production yet (but hopefully soon) so I would rather be able to
use the zebra facets.

The facets are also missing from the staff interface.

My zebra version is 2.0.59-1.indexdata.  My dev install is running on
Debian Wheezy, and I'm using the git tag for 3.18.3.

As for logs:  koha-opac-error_log doesn't log anything at all when I do a
search.  koha-zebradaemon-output.log outputs this every time I try a
search:  "10:03:42-03/02 zebrasrv(3) [warn] ir_session (exception)".

Is there a way to enable more verbose logging?  And do search results
revert to grs1 if dom indexing isn't working?  I suspect it's something to
do with dom, but I don't know enough about zebra to test my hypothesis.

Regards,
Cindy

Cindy Murdock Ames
IT Services Director