[Koha] Indexing Not Updating

Bruce A. Metcalf bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net
Wed Dec 30 09:19:03 NZDT 2015

On 12/28/2015 10:58 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Your paths still appear to be messed up for sudo try
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/koha-shell instancename

That seems to have worked, which brings us to

>         zebrasrv -v none,fatal,warn -f
>         /etc/koha/sites/<instancename>/koha-conf.xml Replacing
>         <instancename> with the name of your koha instance

This failed again, but I thought to check the permissions of this file
and found them wanting. That corrected, it worked a bit better, giving:

$ zebrasrv -v none,fatal,warn -f /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml
15:07:30-29/12 [fatal] Zebra server already running [Resource
temporarily unavailable]

At this time, the "About Koha / System Information" page now suggests
that Zebra is running, with the message:

Zebra 2.0.44 (C) 1994-2010, Index Data ApS Zebra is free software,
covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change
it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. SHA1 ID:
419ad759807269fdfa379799a051ed3a551c6541 Using ICU

As I don't have the password to use the koha-shell, I dropped back into
the regular shell and ran koha-zebra-reindex.

Success! Recently cataloged materials now show!

My sincere thanks to all who helped. This community is a very big part
of why Koha is such an excellent tool.

Thanks again,
Bruce A. Metcalf
Augustan Society Library