[Koha] Indexing Not Updating

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Dec 27 09:08:49 NZDT 2015

On 27 December 2015 8:54:43 am NZDT, "Bruce A. Metcalf" <bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net> wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Koha 3.22.1 installed via packages, running on Debian "Wheezy" 7.9,
>both
>recently updated.
>
>Cataloging works, and I can see the biblioand item records using the
>Inventory tool, but Search does not return any hits. It had previously
>worked, but as Imostly work on the back end, it may have been a version
>
>or two back when last I tried, and patron feedback is nil.
>
>I did try running the Zebra Permission Repair process at
><http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fix_zebra_permissions>, but it
>fails with messages like: "sudo: koha-create-dirs: command not found"
>and "sudo: koha-rebuild-zebra: command not found".

Well that is definitely a symptom of your problem, koha-rebuild-zebra is what the cron job runs to update the index.

Can you do an ls /usr/sbin please, are those files there, if so try running them with the full path, eg
sudo /usr/sbin/koha-create-dirs instancename

That should get the index rebuilt. Then you could look up how to fix the path in sudo.

Chris