[Koha] [ByWater Partners] [Koha North America] Your suggestions for a new name of Koha NA

Thrasher, Peggy P.Thrasher at dover.nh.gov
Wed Dec 23 05:14:02 NZDT 2015

+1

From: partners-bounces at bywatersolutions.com [mailto:partners-bounces at bywatersolutions.com] On Behalf Of Lee Jamison
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:02 AM
To: Christopher Davis
Cc: Koha; Francis Devadason; partners; KohaNA
Subject: Re: [ByWater Partners] [Koha North America] Your suggestions for a new name of Koha NA

Hello everyone (I'm representing a newly-partnered institution),

I've been reading the dialog between everyone and it made me ask myself "Why not bring the name back to Koha's original Māori roots?"

So I thought of KohaMerica (could perhaps even be called KM for short) as Merica is the Māori word for America.

It seems to roll off the tongue while still being unique and easy to identify.