[Koha] Staging and matching authority records

Joy Nelson joy at bywatersolutions.com
Wed Dec 23 05:29:06 NZDT 2015

Ian-
If you have the matching rule set up to match on the 010 subfield a using
the LC-cardnumber index, then the matching should happen if
1. your authority records are indexed
2. you have 010$a in your existing records AND in the incoming records (and
matches do exist).

(I'm assuming here that you've also specified the incoming file is an
authority file, not a bibliographic file. )

I'm not sure that using a 020 will assist you in matching as that is a
bibliographic tag, not an authority tag.  And I do not believe the 020 is
indexed for authority records.  A tag must be indexed in order to be used
as a match point.

When troubleshooting, I generally find a record I know should match and
then look at the 010$a in the incoming file and existing record to see if
there is anything that would potentially cause the match to fail.

-Joy