[Koha] Borrowers Table Uniqueid

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:13:18 NZDT 2015

First, identify those duplicated userid's. (Beware it talks about 'userid',
not 'uniqueid'):

> SELECT userid FROM (SELECT userid,COUNT(userid) AS the_count FROM
borrowers GROUP BY userid) a WHERE the_count > 1;

Then I'd go look at each of the (at least) duplicated userid's like this:

> SELECT firstname, surname, email, cardnumber FROM borrowers WHERE
userid=<pick one>;

I usually just picked the cardnumber as the new userid:

> UPDATE borrowers SET userid=cardnumber WHERE userid=<pick one>;

You could go with the email, it really depends on your taste/common
practices. This is not ideal, but should do the work.

Good luck

Note:
You will probably find several userid's to be NULL. In that case, the
second query should be like:

> SELECT firstname, surname, email, cardnumber FROM borrowers WHERE userid
IS NULL;

and so the UPDATE query.

> A recent update to Koha 3.19 pointed out that I have some records in the
> Borrowers Table that lack a UniqueID  so that the UniqueID field could not
> be made "unique".
>

> I need to update the records in this table.  Is there an easy way to do
> this via mysql?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Phillip

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F