[Koha] Problem with BarcodeFallbackSearch

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Dec 12 02:12:31 NZDT 2015

Nombre wrote:
> I'm testing checkouts and returns. I have configured
> itemBarcodeFallbackSearch parameter as enabled.
>
> I've tested for chekouts and runs well: if I type the title instead of
> barcode I get a button with the title and barcode to select. But for
> returns it seems doesn't work: the only way to select the item is typing
> the barcode.

If I remember correctly, the sponsoring library for that feature added
barcodes to unbarcoded items as they were issued (but didn't want to
barcode their whole collection at once), so did not sponsor development
of an unbarcoded return feature because they weren't using it... we
probably gave the parameter a more general name in the hope it would be
used to develop that feature in future, but we've not yet been paid to
do it.  More accurate detail may be lurking somewhere in the bugs pages.

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op