[Koha] Re-catalogue a library

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Tue Aug 18 16:17:23 NZST 2015

On 18/08/15 09:43, clint.deckard wrote:
> I would appreciate any tips, hints or suggestions for re-cataloguing a
> 7000 item library.
>
> At the moment, an item is scanned and then the record updated via
> Z39.50 but this is a slow process.
> What other approaches are there?
>
> Thank you,
> Clint.

Hi Clint,
One possibility is to compile of file of ISBNs and submit it to your
national library (Te Puna in your case).  They could provide you with a
file of MARC records.  Matching on title and author might also be
possible.  There might be a fee involved and you still have to  create
items locally, but its quicker than cataloguing individually.
Hope this helps.
Bob Birchall
Calyx