[Koha] follow up on: transfers to receive- home/holding branch issues

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Aug 18 10:12:36 NZST 2015

Disclaimer: untested; we are not a lending library so cannot double check
all possible repercussions.

However, if you are convinced that your problem is limited to / caused by
case sensitivity of 'homebranch' and 'holdingbranch' in your *items*
records, the easy solution is to edit MySql:

mysql> UPDATE items SET homebranch = 'CARY' WHERE items.homebranch LIKE 'cary';
mysql> UPDATE items SET holdingbranch = 'CARY' WHERE items.holdingbranch
LIKE 'cary';

This will only work if "CARY" is the properly declared value -- otherwise
you'll get an error message about foreign keys (MySql is your friend and
won't let you make a major mistake.)

Best -- Paul