[Koha] Zebra Rebuild

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:03:31 NZST 2015

Sergio,

> Hi guys!
>
> How does the zebra reindex works? I am importing and reverting files with
> 30k or more records, and I don’t know if my zebra index is being rebuilded,
> I run the script to do it manually, but shouldn´t the index be rebuilded
> automatically? Do I have to configurate something on the server or the
> koha?

If you have a regular setup (i.e. you've followed the official install
instructions) then you might have:
- Installed manually and set a cronjob to reindex often (like every 5
minutes)
- Installed using the packages, and
   * Have the default setup (have a cronjob that looks for new stuff to
(re)index)
   * Have set the handy indexer daemon that performs better and checks for
updates more often.

In either setup, when you import a staged file containing MARC records,
then they are scheduled to be reindexed using the configured method.

So...

You need to tell us how did you install Koha and how do you test if your
new records are indexed. Because there might be several reasons you don't
see those records indexed.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática