[Koha] Migrating from LibraryWorld to Koha - problem mapping item information

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Mon Aug 3 20:10:52 NZST 2015

On 03/08/15 17:34, Alice Louise McKinney, Library [Faculty RTC] wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The Royal Thimphu College is currently in the process of migrating to Koha.
> We currently use LibraryWorld and are attempting to upload our
> bibliographic and item information.
>
> The bib information comes across fine and the item information is also
> there, BUT none of the item information is mapping to the Koha item record.
>
> If someone else has had this problem and resolved it, I would be pleased to
> know how you handled this process. Many thanks, amrita

Hello Amrita,
Koha uses tag 952 for items.  Some other systems use 852 and you may
need to map from an 852 field to 952 before importing the data.
The arrangement of the Koha sub-fields can be found in the staff client
at Home/Administration/Koha to MARC mapping:
access Items from the drop down menu.

I hope this clarifies.
Bob Birchall
Calyx