[Koha] Running koha on Debian Jessie.

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Apr 30 14:24:20 NZST 2015

Hi there Alex,

Alex King schreef op do 30-04-2015 om 14:08 [+1200]:
> I'd like to upgrade the OS to Debian 8 (Jessie), which has recently been
> released as stable.
>
> I came across a message from Robin, which I can't find now, to the
> effect that a dependency issue required a patch which was due to land in
> 3.18.06.

This patch is in 3.18.06.2, which is in the repo now.

> So after I take a backup, I'm going to (up)grade koha to 3.18.06 and the
> OS to 8.0.  Is anyone aware of outstanding issues running this
> configuration?

I'm not, however I've only tested package installation, I haven't
actually brought a system up to running. So you should give it a go and
see how it works out for you :)

> The wiki documentation at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian seems out of date,
> further down the page it talks about squeeze and even lenny. I assume
> stable packages are targeted for wheezy or both wheezy and squeeze.

Stable packages are targeted for everything. I'm going to replace the
content of that page with this one pretty soon:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Koha_on_Debian#Debian_Packages_on_Koha

> If there are no objections, I'll update that page to refer to wheezy
> instead, and put a note to the effect that it should be possible to run
> it on jessie but as of April 2015 it's a less well tested configuration
> than running on Wheezy.

I'd kinda prefer that you review the new version and update that if you
feel things need correction :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.