[Koha] India specific Open source SMS::Send driver for Unicel released for use with Koha ILS

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:03:58 NZST 2015

Dear all,

Good news for Koha users in India who wish to use ‪SMS‬ notifications
from Koha. I've published an ‪open-source‬ India specific SMS::Send
driver that can be used with Koha if you are an ‪Unicel Technologies‬
customer.

Unicel Technologies is a fast growing bulk messaging provider from
Bangalore, India. Recently I found myself testing out their
transactional SMS service (for alerts and notifications from ‪Koha‬).
Initially I wrote a rudimentary driver for my own use. But seeing the
demand for support of SMS notifications from Koha coming from Indian
users on various fora, I decided to turn it into a formal SMS::Send
driver and open source it by uploading it CPAN.

http://search.cpan.org/~indradg/SMS-Send-IN-Unicel-0.01/lib/SMS/Send/IN/Unicel.pm

My thanks to Jonathan Druart for clearing my doubts on koha-devel, and
to Galen Charlton and Chris Cormack for being kind enough to review
the module on PrePAN. Thank you all :)

Happy Texting!

regards,

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971 / +91-98745-80971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg