[Koha] autoBarcode Incrementing

Darrin Enerson denerson at beaconacademy.com
Tue Apr 14 07:34:29 NZST 2015

I feel like this is likely a silly question but was unable to find an answer
on the mailing list, in the manual, or on Google.

We have a Koha 3.14 install running on Debian straight from the koha-common
package that simply refuses to increment barcodes.  I have the autoBarcode
value set to <branchcode>yymm0001 which causes the barcode field to populate
with a value when clicked on as I'd expect it to.  The issue is when a user
adds the second item in the month to their branch the last 4 digits of the
barcode that is generated don't increment and the system throws an error due
to a duplicate barcode.  This doesn't seem to be intended behavior but I'm
hesitant to label it a bug without knowing that it's not simply some setting
I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated.  Sorry if I missed an obvious answer
somewhere.

Thank you,

Darrin Enerson