[Koha] Marc record manual entry 650 a locked

Katrin Fischer Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de
Wed Apr 8 09:11:00 NZST 2015

Hi Christy,

the default configuration in Koha requires you to link to authority
records for some of the fields, like personal names or subjects. As you
are just starting to catalog, there are probably no authorities in your
database, so any search comes up empty. You can create a new authority
record from the search window you mention - look for 'Create new
authority' at the top. It will take you into the authorities module,
where you can use Z39.50 for searching authorities.

You can also decide to not use authorities at all (Administration >
Bibliogaphic MARC framework > ... > 650$a - empty Thesaurus field) or
create authorities on the fly automatically by entering data into the
fields directly (System preference BiblioAddsAuthorites should unlock).

Hope this helps,

Katrin