[Koha] Anyone using Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) sucessfully for staff client access?

Kearns, Sheila Sheila.Kearns at state.vt.us
Fri Apr 3 02:23:12 NZDT 2015

I would like to hear from anyone who is using Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/) for staff client access with Koha or who knows anything about Firefox ESR which  is supposed to be in sync with the current Firefox release for general users.

Our IT group only installs Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) on computers it manages (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/). It is supposed to be in sync with the current Firefox release for general users, but clearly it is not. Even the most simple elements of the staff client (Koha version 3.16.04) do not work in Firefox ESR. Just one example is that most dropdowns do not function . When using the general release of Firefox (version 36.04)

I believe that my problems are specifically with using the staff client. I have tried using the OPAC with this version of Firefox and have not found any problems.

I wish Chrome could be an answer to this problem, but our IT security group sees it as a security risk and will not allow it to be installed. This is how life in state government in the US goes....

Sheila M. Kearns
Information Technology Librarian
Vermont Dept. of Libraries
109 State St.