[Koha] Comment: Koha Community Code of Conduct

glaws glawson at rhcl.org
Sat Sep 27 08:40:40 NZST 2014

Simply as a suggestion, something like the following could be modified
to fit the Koha CoC needs:

"speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such
as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

"..."hate speech," which is defined as utterances, displays, or
expressions of racial, religious, or sexual bias"
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Inciting,+Provocative,+or+Offensive+Speech

"Harassment includes _offensive_ verbal _comments_ related to gender,
sexual orientation, disability..."  #note "offensive"
https://us.pycon.org/2013/about/code-of-conduct/

"harassment may be broadly understood to consist of unwarranted
behaviour towards another person,...by such means as single or
successive acts of bullying, verbally or physically abusing, or
ill-treating him or her.... Forms of harassment covered by this code
include harassment relating to another’s sex (including gender
reassignment), sexual orientation, religion, race, or disability."
http://www.magd.ox.ac.uk/other-policies/code-of-practice-on-harassment/

Greg