[Koha] Comment: Koha Community Code of Conduct

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Sat Sep 27 08:29:23 NZST 2014

Hi,

Looking at the current model code of conduct on the Geek Feminism wiki
[1], I would suggest amending the sentence in question to:

"Verbal, graphic or written comments that reinforce social structures
of domination related to gender, sexual orientation, disability,
physical appearance, body size, race or religion."

The entire clause from the sample code of conduct that this draws from is:

"Harassment includes verbal comments that reinforce social structures
of domination [related to gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race,
age, religion, [your specific concern here]], sexual images in public
spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing
photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other
events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual
attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are
expected to comply immediately."

Greg: would this address your concerns?

[1] http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy

Regards,