[Koha] Improving Search Results

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Sep 26 09:58:05 NZST 2014

At 04:32 PM 9/25/2014 -0500, Coehoorn, Joel wrote:
[snip]
>The point of this is that, from our librarians perspective, without a
>better search experience, Koha is "broken".
>
>Those are their words, not mine. Here's the thing: when I run a search in
>Koha, I do get back lots of results from our catalog that are highly
>relevant to the search terms. But these are exact title matches, and they
>come back with "Not found".
>
>How can I improve this?

How do you re-index Zebra?  Are your cron jobs working properly and
regularly?  Do you do a complete re-index (manually) from time to time?

As an aside, we have found that using the "library catalogue" search (not
'title', nor 'author') and just putting in a couple of keywords from the
title and the author's surname works remarkably well...

Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>