[Koha] Importing Marc files

Ian D duxbuz at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:27:34 NZST 2014

 Hi

I am looking at some tutorials on how to export current data from a library database we have and then use markedit to convert into a format for Koha.

I am following this guide:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/marceditexcel.html

I initially export the data as a csv and then open with excel and same as a tab separated .txt file.

I do marcedit delimited text transfer.

Then marcmaker.

then I try to upload and get the output.

MARC staging results :

0 records in file
0 records not staged because of MARC error
0 records staged
Did not check for matches with existing records in catalog
0 item records found and staged

I ran marc validator and got results like this:
Record #:  1
001 (if defined):
245 (if defined):
Errors:
 One 245 field must be present in a MARC21 record.

Record #:  2
001 (if defined):
245 (if defined):
Errors:
 One 245 field must be present in a MARC21 record.

I was wondering if there is a template I can use to match my fields?

Thanks