[Koha] full admin interface

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:29:08 NZST 2014

Greetings,

That's the OPAC interface. You're apache settings are such that if it
doesn't match the server name when you connect, you'll get the OPAC.

snippets from /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/{instance name}
## OPAC
<VirtualHost *:443>
   ServerName demo.library.kohasystem.ca
</VirtualHost>

## Intranet
<VirtualHost *:443>
   ServerName demo.library-admin.kohasystem.ca
</VirtualHost>

In the above example, I am running my development koha off of port 443
(https not http).
***NOTE: There are other things that make the https set up work, this
example is not about https!***
Notice how I have the ServerName values set? Notice how OPAC is listed
first?
What do you think will happen if I go to https://{ip address for the
machine}/?
It will show OPAC, because:
1) {ip address for the machine} is not listed in any of my VirtualHost tags
2) {ip address for the machine} does not match any of the server names
3) the OPAC block *:443 matches first.

You like have:
1) DNS not properly set up, or WRONGLY FAKED, and/or
2) You are trying to access a name-based install with an IP-based URL.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett