[Koha] Questions concerning customization & localization of OPAC main page

Stephan Witoszynskyj stephan at wito.org
Sun Sep 21 01:09:50 NZST 2014

" <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>

Hi,

I've got a few questions concerning customization and localization of the OP=
AC start page. First of all here's the info regarding my installation: Koha 3=
.16, bootstrap theme with three languages activated.

My first question is the following: I'm aware of the areas that can be fille=
d with content and that I can enter content in HTML in the global system par=
ameters page. Is there a way that I can make this content "language aware"? E=
.g. by a JavaScript that the determines the language that Koha uses for the O=
PAC. One thing that I'm thinking of is dynamic content that is generated by s=
ome JavaScript code.

My second question is: I'm thinking of using "localized" sub domains e.g. li=
brary.whatever.com and bibliothek.whatever.com would it be possible that som=
eone accessing the OPAC via the English sub domain name sees the OPAC in Eng=
lish and someone who accesses the German sub domain sees the OPAC in German?=

Regards,=20
   Stephan=