[Koha] Item records attached to the wrong biblio - is this possible?

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Sep 3 06:40:53 NZST 2014

I think this is a legacy of an older version of Koha. Possibly Koha 3.10.02

There was an incorrect setting in our frameworks that resulted in newly
created catalogue records containing multiple 999$c fields (Biblionumbers)
(November 2012)  We discovered this, and fixed the setting and eventually
removed the extra biblionumbers when we found they were resulting in false
positive search results.
Now my colleague tells me there are catalogue records that seem to have
gotten their item records swapped.
The one that I looked at this morning was part of that batch of records
that had multiple biblionumbers.  We're going to check to see if the other
records that were created in the same time frame have similar problems.
 I'm wondering if having multiple biblionumbers caused the item records to
get scrambled?  I seem to recall Koha changed the way item records were
attached and processed, though not when this happened.
Our cataloguer is a meticulous worker, and it's very uncharacteristic for
him to have made such a mess of things. In fact, he's the one who spotted
the problem and brought it to my attention. I would like to be able to
assure him that this randomization of item records isn't going to happen
again.

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler